Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Story - One Day

Sorry in advance for the terrible grammar, I wrote this in a hurry.

This blog is about to take a whole different turn than what I had originally intended. You see, my brother was recently arrested for something that completely blew the tops off of all of our heads. He's always been a good, if silent, brother and lives with me. The charges are so outrageous that they could lead to him being in jail for a year or more. Needless to say, but I'm going to say it anyway, our entire family is devastated. My mother is often historical, he's the first person on our side of the family to be arrested and the last person that we expected it to happen to.

Anyway, my brother isn't a bad guy. Far from it, he just has a few personality quirks that keep some people from enjoying him more than others. What he got arrested for didn't harm anyone, I'm not sure why he did it, but I've always felt that he might be a little unstable in an "I need someone to talk to" kind of way. In prison he most likely won't get that, but I've got to get him something. With your help I'll hopefully be able to send him a little more money because target money doesn't really give me any extra to send. My mother works for nearly the same wage that I do as well.

This blog is going to become a fundraiser to make sure that my brother has all the things that he needs while in prison; Hygiene Materials, the junk food he loves, and time on his phone card to make sure that he can talk to us almost every day. The most important thing that you can do for a loved one while he is away is keep in contact. They have to know that there are people out there that care. So if you are reading this and you know my little brother, go and see him, I'm sure he will appreciate it. Visitations are every day except Sunday, twice a week, for 15 minutes at a time.

I'm sure if many of you look up his name on the internet and find out what he did, you might feel strange that I am going to such lengths to make sure that he is okay. He's never been a violent person, never committed a violent act, and he would never go out of his way to make someone else's life harder than it has to be. What he performed was an act of having seen something that he shouldn't have. Have you ever seen a shock site? Two girls one cup ring any bells? How many of you saw that and immediately thought "Dude this is messed up" then set out to see if there was anything else just as bad? There was no perversion present, possibly just a disturbed mind that needs help. Maybe he could get help in prison, but this isn't about that. This is about affording him the things that will keep him going while he is there.

Now to the mission. Every day that my brother is in jail I'm going to spend a portion of the day putting together a story that I will post to this blog. If you read the story, I only ask that you donate at the very least a dollar to my brothers health and well being. We all know that the backwards prison system won't lift a finger to do it. Not every story is going to be a winner, but I'll do my best to keep you entertained for the time that you spend reading them. At the bottom of the page will be a link to an account where I will be taking these donations. Once I reach a certain amount of money I will take it out and give it to the prison. This will ensure that things aren't as bad as they could be and that he always has a link to the world outside.

Thank you for your time, please comment with anything that might help my family through this troubling time.

No comments:

Post a Comment