Thursday, September 19, 2013

One Story, One Day: Bodysnatcher

     Okay so I'm cheating a little bit with this one. I didn't have as much time to work on this story as I would have liked and I wanted to make sure to get this one in before at least one o'clock in the morning. So this isn't as much a story as it is an idea. An Idea that there is a group of people, or psychics, that can watch you from inside your own head, and even control you if need be. These people work for a special division of the police force in which criminals are tracked, and sometimes taken control of. And of course, for every positive their is a negative, their are spirits or evil forces that have gained the ability to take control of people and corrupt them. Anyway, this is a crappy little piece that I wrote for a possible story in the future called Bodysnatcher. 

The eyes in the rear view mirror looked back at me. His head shook uncontrollably as he scrambled to find something in his car as he sped down the empty highway. Hold it here, it's not time yet. Give it away, give it away, give it away now. I can feel his consciousness trying to beat me out and press me into a corner. A phone rings and he presses it to his ear. I can't hear the person on the other end, but I can hear him. 

"Yes. Yes I know, you don't have to tell me that!" he says. "I'll meet you at you're place." Got it. I shove the entirety of my consciousnesses in on him. No soul defense, I am able to completely control his body while his mind is trapped in a cage. I call the detectives office and tell the director that this body has been tagged and ready for spirit tracking. When I leave, I leave behind a small part of myself to jump back in whenever the time comes. 

When the man gets to the meeting I enter the body again and watch. A young girl, no older than thirteen or fourteen, is caged in a corner of the room. Taking control back of his body, I pull a pistol from the mans waistband and aim it at his partner. Before he can pull his piece he's down and I'm freeing the girl from the girl and bringing her outside where a police cruiser is waiting, suspended just above the air. 

"Who are you?" she asks. 

"You'll never know." I burn out the mans neural network and he collapses on the pavement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment